Who We Are
QSP is a rehabilitation clinic in lower Queen Street, Auckland. Our vision is to create a multi-disciplinary physiotherapy service for the central city community specialising in management of musculoskeletal injuries.
Treatment is strongly aligned to manual therapy (“hands on”) which includes joint mobilisation, manipulation, and massage, and a large emphasis is on exercise prescription and client education, self management and injury prevention.
You may access Physiotherapy directly for both private and ACC related injuries (i.e. a referral is not necessary from your Doctor). We will at all times treat within our capabilities and refer you to your own Doctor, if indicated, for further assessment and investigation.
Health Professionals at QSP maintain high standards through ongoing education, teaching, research and peer review.
Paul has been Principal Physiotherapist of QSP for twenty years. He qualified in Auckland in 1984 (Dip Phys) and then completed a Post Graduate Degree in Sports Medicine from Edmonton Canada 1987 (BSc P.T). He started at QSP in 1988.
Paul has a wealth of experience assessing and treating musculoskeletal conditions.
- BSc.Physical Therapist (Canada)
- Dip Physiotherapy
- Reg. Acupuncturist
- Emirates TeamNZ 2003 - Present
- NZ Olympic team 2008
- All Blacks 2004
- Auckland Blues Rugby 1996 - 99
- Auckland Rugby NPC 1990 - 2003
- IAAF World Cup Athletics 1994
- Approved Provider for NZ Academy of Sport
- Lecturer GP Sports Medicine Course 1995 - Present
- Lecturer Auckland Medical School 2000 - Present
- Lecturer International Amateur Athletics Federation (IAAF)
Damien has a keen interest in the functional return to activities including work, sports and day to day life. He utilizes a strong manual therapy bias and exercise prescription for both rehabilitation and injury prevention.
He has played golf at provincial level as a junior, and at senior level in the Bissett shield, therefore has an excellent grasp on the biomechanics of the golf swing, and its influence on injury and recovery.
- Managed a composite NZ Women's cycling team in 1999.
- “Away” physiotherapist for Sydney United in NZ 2001 vs Kings.
- University Under 85kg Legends rugby - Finalists in 2002 - 2005. Grade champions in 2005.
- Auckland Under 85kg rugby team 2005.
Anya has been with QSP since 2003. She graduated from AUT in Physiotherapy in 2001. Since then she has completed a Masters in Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy with distinction and Western Acupuncture. She has previously worked as a gym-based fitness and rehabilitation trainer and has a keen interest in postural correction and muscle balance exercise to address the cause of the pain. She is the co-creator of exercise rehabilitation software used by physiotherapists and trainers around the world. Outside of work she can be found running… around after her young daughter!
- MHPrac (Musculoskeletal physiotherapy)
- PG Cert (Acupuncture)
Co-creator of exercise rehabilitation software used by physiotherapists around the world.
Penelope brings a wealth of rehabilitation experience to QSP with a special interest in womens health and breathing pattern disorders, and is a specialist in pelvic floor and core recruitment for the treatment of back pain.
Originally from Gisborne, Penelope was bought up on an organic farm and lives by "healthy body, healthy mind."
Penelope qualified as a Physiotherapist from AUT University in 2010 and is currently completing her Masters degree in Clinical Health Practice. She is a post-graduate western Acupuncturist, PINC cancer rehab therapist and a Clinical Pilates instructor.
Pen's interests include skiing, running, netball, horse riding, pilates and helping people.
• Taught Private and Group Clinical Pilates since since 2011
• Member of the NZMPA junior executive committee
• Close working relationship with personal trainers and coaches to ensure patients optimal return to their goals
• Worked with chronic pain patients
- BHsc (Physio)
- MHPrac (Musculo)
- MNZSP PINC Cancer Therapist Stability Plus Clinical Pilates Instructor
- PgCert (Acupuncture)
Lynsday is a vital part of the QSP team. She has been on board with us for more years than she wants to remember! In her spare time Lynsday loves to bake and spend time with her gorgeous 3 blonde boys!
Annie started with us in July 2016. She is from Palmerston North and is studying Physiotherapy at AUT.
Sarah started with us in February 2017. She is from Hamilton and is studying Fine Arts at Auckland University.